
My aunt has a farm that always has lots of cats. One summer we visited her and there were 3 litters of kittens all born on the same day about 6 weeks prior. I was playing with them (how do you not play with kittens?) and I noticed one kitten was very quiet and calm. I picked her up and she sat in my hand as quiet as a mouse. I ended up holding her the whole visit. She fell asleep on me and wasn't in a hurry to get down at all. That night I discussed it with my hubby and went back the next day to pick her up. She was solid grey and still very quiet so the name Mouse really fit her. It was around 5 months that she started to get her other colors. It seems that each day she would have a new color.She is very sweet and gives kisses in the middle of the night. She sleeps under the covers with me and has to approve of each book I read in bed by rubbing all over it. She plays fetch and can stalk a toy within an inch of its life. While she is our quietest kitty, she is also the sweetest and the funniest - she has lots of tortietude as you can plainly see from her blog posts in www.mouse-thecat.blogspot.com