Monday, February 25, 2008

New Member: Catzee

CATZEE

Leigh, aka Catzee's Mom, tells her story:
I first saw Catzee at adoption day at our local shelter. It was overcrowded, so long term animal residents were "on sale." I wanted another cat, and this seemed like an opportunity to get one at a good price. Catzee caught my eye immediately, as she did the eye of a family with a kindergartener. This family asked how much she was, and I overheard the volunteer tell them she was full price ($75). So they moved on. That was a little more than I planned to spend, so I continued to look too. But I kept coming back to her. Every time I stopped at her cage she would reach out between the bars and grab my purse strap. Finally I realized that she was the one I really wanted, full price or not. I asked how much she was, and they told me $25! Turns out that they didn't want her to go to a home with young children, as she was a feisty handful! I found out that she had first been dropped off there when she was about 6 or 7 weeks old and had been there for 2 and 1/2 months. Since kittens usually adopt out quickly, I kind of suspect she may have been returned a time or two, but she's a keeper for us.