Wednesday, June 17, 2009

NEW MEMBER: Brontë

Brontë




Hi! I'm Brontë. I am 6 years old and here is my story. When I was born I was the youngest of a litter of eight kittens (just like my human Mom!) My biological mom couldn't handle having such a lot of kids at once because she was a stray and didn't have enough food to make milk for all of us. Me and my brother were the only torties, all my other brothers and sisters were white with blue eyes. (Again, just like my Mom-she and her brother were in only ones in her family with auburn hair and green eyes, all the others have blonde hair and blues eyes. Maybe that's why my mom felt such a connection to me!) Anyway, since Kitty Mom couldn't feed all of us, I became the runt. I grew weaker and weaker until some people found my Kitty Mom and our family and took us in their house. Kitty Mom made more milk then, but because we didn't bond, she still didn't take care of me. She didn't clean me or let me snuggle with her, or show me how to hunt. My brothers and sisters didn't play with me. I was very lonely until one day a man came to the house and took me home with him! I thought someone would love me at last. Except after a few days at this man's house, he got tired of taking care of me (especially cleaning my bum because I didn't know how to do it very well). Lucky for me, after a week a girl (my Mom!) moved into this mans' house to be his roommate. She fell in love with me right away! She took care of me and took me with her when she moved into her own home. Ever since then Mom and me have lived together and we love each other very, very much. Mom still has to clean me, because I never really got the hang of that, and she says I have "tortitude". But she tells me I'm a very good girl and always tells me how lucky she is to have me as such a wonderful friend.